Paul Allen of RC Hatton Inc. in Pahokee, Fla., says that his successful company would not be where it is today without the leadership of the Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association.
The Economic Impact of Agriculture in Florida
- Supports 1.4 million jobs
- Generates a $100 Billion annual economic impact in Florida
- Responsible for $3 Billion in tax revenue for local and state government
- Florida sugar industry provides 12,300 jobs as part of 142,500 nationwide jobs that rely on a strong sugar industry
- Florida sugar industry generates a $3.3 Billion economic impact annually